Materia is a material research hub with state-of-the-art equipment and knowledge of University of Eastern Finland, Savonia University of Applied Sciences and Sakky Vocational College of Northern Savo. Materia supports companies and organizations in materials characterization, testing and analyses. Contact us is you are looking for support or collaborators in R&D activities or training.
- Laser cutting, machining, plastic molding and honing techniques to prepare variety of samples
- Weather cabinet, salt cabinet and dynamical stress tests to test material in harsh conditions
- 3D printing techniques with extrude, multi jet fusion and powder methods for plastic and metal.
- PED welding qualification training for metals and plastics
- Structure analysis with X-Ray Diffraction methods
- Mechanical testing for static, dynamic, hardness, compression, bending and tension with variable temperature and frequency
- Surface Analysis with electron microscopy, atomic force meter, infrared methods and photoelectron energy analysis
- Thermal analysis with thermogravimetry and differential scanning calorimetry
- Nondestructive testing with x-ray tomography, air-coupled ultrasound techniques and electrical impedance methods
- Expertise of 3 educational institutes for any operator needs
- Knowledge of professors, researchers and technicians in our network
- Tailored training for personnel and consulting for best practices to promote your RDI plans.